Los Angeles News
Suspicious device rendered safe in Glendale
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- The bomb squad investigated a suspicious device found Friday in front of a Jewish center in Glendale.
Just after 3 p.m., firefighters were called to the 1200 block of North Pacific Avenue. While on that call, they spotted a suspicious device in front of the Jewish center and reported it.
The device was described as small with protruding wires. The bomb squad later rendered it safe.
Several nearby businesses and apartments were evacuated as a precaution.
los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping 37 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 45 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies 5 min ago
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet 45 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Cockfighting ring busted in Riverside County
27 min ago