Los Angeles News
Man found unresponsive in Long Beach Harbor dies
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a man was found unresponsive near a jetty in Long Beach Harbor.
Police officers responded to a call of a man down off the 600 block of East Shoreline Drive around 8:40 a.m. Saturday.
When officers arrived, they found a fully clothed man lying on the sand.
"He had no pulse when he was found," Will Nash, a spokesman for the Long Beach Fire Department said.
The victim in his 50s was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Nash said the man had a cut over his nose and could have fallen.
The coroner's office has yet to determine an exact cause of death.
The man's identity has not been released pending notification of kin.
CNS contributed to this report.
body found, los angeles news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 50 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 4 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 48 min ago
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 48 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 46 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks