Los Angeles News
Man found unresponsive in Long Beach Harbor dies
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a man was found unresponsive near a jetty in Long Beach Harbor.
Police officers responded to a call of a man down off the 600 block of East Shoreline Drive around 8:40 a.m. Saturday.
When officers arrived, they found a fully clothed man lying on the sand.
"He had no pulse when he was found," Will Nash, a spokesman for the Long Beach Fire Department said.
The victim in his 50s was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Nash said the man had a cut over his nose and could have fallen.
The coroner's office has yet to determine an exact cause of death.
The man's identity has not been released pending notification of kin.
CNS contributed to this report.
body found, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter