Los Angeles News
2 minors stabbed at South Bay Galleria
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police said two minors were stabbed at South Bay Galleria in Redondo Beach on Saturday night. Their assailant was on the loose.
The victims, a boy and girl, were rushed to the hospital to undergo emergency surgery. Their conditions were not known.
Police said the mall was contained and searched, but the suspect got away.
"We were searching cars that were leaving, searching people that were coming out of the theaters," said Sgt. Shawn Freeman of the Redondo Beach Police Department. "We had a very vague suspect description. We knew we had two people that had been stabbed so we were hoping to find evidence or maybe some witnesses or somebody that saw something."
The suspect was described only as a black male.
Police said they are asking for witnesses to come forward.
stabbing, los angeles news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash 55 min ago
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway 52 min ago
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 11 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'