Los Angeles News
Panorama City suspect shot, injured by police after pointing gun at security guard
PANORAMA CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police shot and critically wounded a man accused of pointing a gun at a security guard in Panorama City.
Police were called to the 8300 block of Cedros Avenue, where the suspect allegedly brandished the gun, at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday. They say the man ran into an apartment complex after the incident, and then led officers on a foot chase that ended when he was shot in the 8000 block of Willis Avenue.
While police investigated that shooting, a few blocks away another man with a gun held officers at bay in an unrelated incident.
After a short while, that suspect was also taken into custody without incident.
City News Service contributed to this report.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments