Los Angeles News
Panorama City suspect shot, injured by police after pointing gun at security guard
PANORAMA CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police shot and critically wounded a man accused of pointing a gun at a security guard in Panorama City.
Police were called to the 8300 block of Cedros Avenue, where the suspect allegedly brandished the gun, at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday. They say the man ran into an apartment complex after the incident, and then led officers on a foot chase that ended when he was shot in the 8000 block of Willis Avenue.
While police investigated that shooting, a few blocks away another man with a gun held officers at bay in an unrelated incident.
After a short while, that suspect was also taken into custody without incident.
City News Service contributed to this report.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire 12 min ago
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area 52 min ago
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
58 min ago