Los Angeles News
Panorama City suspect shot, injured by police after pointing gun at security guard
PANORAMA CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police shot and critically wounded a man accused of pointing a gun at a security guard in Panorama City.
Police were called to the 8300 block of Cedros Avenue, where the suspect allegedly brandished the gun, at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday. They say the man ran into an apartment complex after the incident, and then led officers on a foot chase that ended when he was shot in the 8000 block of Willis Avenue.
While police investigated that shooting, a few blocks away another man with a gun held officers at bay in an unrelated incident.
After a short while, that suspect was also taken into custody without incident.
City News Service contributed to this report.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony 34 min ago
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 25 min ago