Los Angeles News
South Bay Galleria stabbings: Victims are both 13
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say the two minors stabbed at the South Bay Galleria on Saturday are both 13-year-old residents of the South Bay area. Officials did not release their names because they are minors.
The two teens were stabbed by a man with a kitchen-type knife on the third level of the mall in front of the AMC Theatres around 7:20 p.m. Saturday, police said. Their assailant was able to evade police, who contained and searched the mall.
The motive for the stabbing was not clear.
Police said both victims were stabbed in the chest area. They underwent surgery and were in stable condition and being monitored in intensive care.
Their attacker, who remains at large, was described as a 40- to 50-year-old black man with a tall, medium build. He had a beard and a mustache, possibly graying. The suspect's clothing was described as a fatigue-type jacket, possibly green and brown, along with blue jeans, a black T-shirt and a dark-colored beanie. He may have been wearing prescription glasses.
Police were going through surveillance video for more clues. A mall representative released a statement Sunday, saying officials were working closely with police as the investigation continues.
"We were saddened to learn that two teenagers were hurt at South Bay Galleria last night and send our thoughts and prayers to them and their families," said Mickey Marraffino with South Bay Galleria in the statement.
Redondo Beach police asked witnesses to call their tip line at (310) 937-6685.
stabbing, los angeles news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 42 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 2 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker