Los Angeles News
Arsonist sought in San Fernando Valley fires
CHATSWORTH, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators hope newly released surveillance video will help them track down a serial arsonist in the San Fernando Valley.
The Los Angeles Fire Department released the video taken just before 5:30 a.m. on Oct. 28, 2012.
The footage shows a man getting out of his car near a dumpster in Chatsworth and then a large flash.
Twelve blazes were intentionally set in the area between Oct. 21 and Oct. 28 at several locations including De Soto Avenue near Parthenia Street, near Desoto Avenue and Lassen Street, on Lassen Street near Corbin Avenue, and on Devonshire Street near De Soto Avenue and near Mason Avenue.
Anyone with information regarding the series of fires was urged to contact arson and counterterrorism officials at (213) 893-9850.
CNS contributed to this report.
fire, los angeles news
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains 33 min ago
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues 14 min ago
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event