Los Angeles News
Man fatally shot at NYE party in Hawthorne
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was fatally shot and up to five others wounded in a shooting at a New Year's party in Hawthorne, police said.
The shooting occurred on the 13600 block of Cerise Avenue around 1:30 a.m.
Witnesses said five other people were transported to the hospital. One of the victims is said to be in serious condition, according to officials.
Police say several vehicles left the scene after the shooting.
A motive for the shooting was unknown.
CNS contributed to this report.
shooting, holiday, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 29 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
27 min ago