Los Angeles News
1 man dead, 5 wounded in Lakewood shooting
LAKEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was fatally shot and five others wounded in a shooting at a New Year's party in Lakewood, police said.
The shooting occurred on the 20700 block of Alburtis Avenue about 30 mkinutes before midnight.
The L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. said a man walked up to a group of people in a front yard and fired several shots.
A 36-year-old man died in the shooting and five people suffered non-life threatening injuries. Four of them were males and one female was injured.
A motive for the shooting was unknown. No suspect information was immediately available.
If you have information related to the case, contact the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, holiday, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour