Los Angeles News
3rd Glendale home-invasion suspect gets away
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Glendale neighborhood was locked down for hours as police searched for a third remaining suspect in a violent home-invasion robbery.
Police say three men broke into a home in the 700 block of Patterson Avenue just after 5 a.m., smashing the front door to get in. Detectives say the suspects robbed the people inside at gunpoint. One of the victims was hiding and called 911.
One of the victims had a severe laceration on his head and was taken to a local hospital.
When officers arrived, they spotted three men fleeing in a 2012 silver Hyundai. A short pursuit ended with a crash in the area of Concord Street and Wilson Avenue. Police say two men were arrested at the scene, and a gun was recovered.
Police believe a third suspect got out of the vehicle somewhere along the way and fled on foot. A SWAT team responded and went door to door, and an LAPD helicopter assisted with the search from the air. After a six-hour search, investigators say the suspect got away.
Police are unsure if the attack was random or targeted.
"This is a very quiet neighborhood right here on Patterson," said Glendale Police Sgt. Tom Lorenz.
The suspect, described as a 6-foot black man wearing a white shirt with dark pants, is believed to be armed. Anyone with information is urged to call the Glendale Police Department at (818) 548-3987.
home invasion, robbery, pursuit, arrest, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 14 min ago
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls 36 min ago
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee 56 min ago
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- New ACL surgery technique reduces failure rate
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10