Los Angeles News
3rd Glendale home-invasion suspect gets away
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Glendale neighborhood was locked down for hours as police searched for a third remaining suspect in a violent home-invasion robbery.
Police say three men broke into a home in the 700 block of Patterson Avenue just after 5 a.m., smashing the front door to get in. Detectives say the suspects robbed the people inside at gunpoint. One of the victims was hiding and called 911.
One of the victims had a severe laceration on his head and was taken to a local hospital.
When officers arrived, they spotted three men fleeing in a 2012 silver Hyundai. A short pursuit ended with a crash in the area of Concord Street and Wilson Avenue. Police say two men were arrested at the scene, and a gun was recovered.
Police believe a third suspect got out of the vehicle somewhere along the way and fled on foot. A SWAT team responded and went door to door, and an LAPD helicopter assisted with the search from the air. After a six-hour search, investigators say the suspect got away.
Police are unsure if the attack was random or targeted.
"This is a very quiet neighborhood right here on Patterson," said Glendale Police Sgt. Tom Lorenz.
The suspect, described as a 6-foot black man wearing a white shirt with dark pants, is believed to be armed. Anyone with information is urged to call the Glendale Police Department at (818) 548-3987.
home invasion, robbery, pursuit, arrest, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months