Los Angeles News
3rd Glendale home-invasion suspect gets away
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Glendale neighborhood was locked down for hours as police searched for a third remaining suspect in a violent home-invasion robbery.
Police say three men broke into a home in the 700 block of Patterson Avenue just after 5 a.m., smashing the front door to get in. Detectives say the suspects robbed the people inside at gunpoint. One of the victims was hiding and called 911.
One of the victims had a severe laceration on his head and was taken to a local hospital.
When officers arrived, they spotted three men fleeing in a 2012 silver Hyundai. A short pursuit ended with a crash in the area of Concord Street and Wilson Avenue. Police say two men were arrested at the scene, and a gun was recovered.
Police believe a third suspect got out of the vehicle somewhere along the way and fled on foot. A SWAT team responded and went door to door, and an LAPD helicopter assisted with the search from the air. After a six-hour search, investigators say the suspect got away.
Police are unsure if the attack was random or targeted.
"This is a very quiet neighborhood right here on Patterson," said Glendale Police Sgt. Tom Lorenz.
The suspect, described as a 6-foot black man wearing a white shirt with dark pants, is believed to be armed. Anyone with information is urged to call the Glendale Police Department at (818) 548-3987.
home invasion, robbery, pursuit, arrest, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial 51 min ago
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario 7 min ago
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 28 min ago
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city 13 min ago
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
34 min ago