Los Angeles News
Gardena woman hurt by bullet fragment on New Year's Eve
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Despite all the warnings about shooting guns into the air on New Year's Eve, some people did it anyway and someone was hurt.
An elderly Gardena woman was sitting in her den when she was hit by a bullet fragment.
The bullet fragment came through a window and hit the 74-year-old woman in the foot. Fortunately, the injury was not serious. The incident happened on the 15000 block of Clymar Avenue.
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, there were 93 incidents of possible discharging of firearms in its patrol area between 8 p.m. Monday to 4 a.m. Tuesday.
new year's day, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train 19 min ago
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter