Los Angeles News
Gardena woman hurt by bullet fragment on New Year's Eve
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Despite all the warnings about shooting guns into the air on New Year's Eve, some people did it anyway and someone was hurt.
An elderly Gardena woman was sitting in her den when she was hit by a bullet fragment.
The bullet fragment came through a window and hit the 74-year-old woman in the foot. Fortunately, the injury was not serious. The incident happened on the 15000 block of Clymar Avenue.
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, there were 93 incidents of possible discharging of firearms in its patrol area between 8 p.m. Monday to 4 a.m. Tuesday.
new year's day, los angeles news
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 18 min ago
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12 55 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- 'The Other Woman' gets last laugh in theaters
52 min ago