Los Angeles News
Water mains break in 2 LA County areas overnight
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two water main breaks within 30 minutes of each caused big messes overnight in Los Angeles County.
The most recent incident happened near Wilshire Boulevard and Dunsmuir Avenue, where a water main broke around 2:30 a.m. About 30 customers were without water for most of the day.
Earlier in the morning, a water main broke on 85th Street and Harvard Boulevard in South Los Angeles. That break affected about 40 customers. Authorities say the extremely cold water in the pipes is causing the problems.
water main break, los angeles news
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 58 min ago
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy