Los Angeles News
LAPD hunt for 'Red Car Flasher' intensifies
ARLETA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police have released a new sketch of the man they call the "Red Car Flasher." The flasher has exposed himself to teenage girls and young women more than a dozen times.
Police now have two sketches of the suspect. The one on the right was released in March of last year. The new sketch is on the left. Although similar, there are subtle differences in the two images.
Many of the incidents have been near schools in the Panorama City and Arleta area. The most recent incident occurred at Woodman Avenue and Lassen Street. An 18-year-old girl was walking on a sidewalk when the suspect jumped out of a red compact car, completely naked, and extended his arms toward the girl as if to hug or grab her. The girl ran away, and the suspect fled in the red car.
"I was just in shock once I saw he was completely naked," the girl said. "It just scared me and the way he came at me just seemed like he was so comfortable."
The suspect is described as white or light skinned Hispanic man with a receding hairline and a possible scar on his cheek. The red car is described as a late model foreign import.
Authorities believe the suspect lives in the area. Anyone with information is urged to call Crimestoppers at 1-(877)-LAPD-24-7.
los angeles news, leanne suter
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate 48 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park 27 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out 44 min ago
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report