Los Angeles News
Robbery suspect in custody after North Hills barricade
NORTH HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A robbery suspect who barricaded himself in a motel in North Hills Friday morning has been taken into custody.
Authorities say the suspect was wanted for forcibly robbing his grandfather three times in the past week. Detectives tracked him down to the Budget Inn Motel in the 9100 block of Sepulveda Boulevard at about 7:45 a.m.
When they knocked on the door, they heard the suspect barricading the door from the inside, and then they heard a shotgun "rack." Detectives backed away from the door and called a SWAT team.
Police say the suspect refused to communicate with police. The motel was evacuated, as well as two other surrounding buildings. Streets in the area were shut down.
The SWAT team fired tear gas into the room, and the suspect immediately came out. He was taken into custody without further incident and was treated for minor injuries.
san fernando valley, blockade, robbery, los angeles news
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
20 min ago