Los Angeles News
Police search for Santa Clarita woman missing since New Year's Day
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a 19-year-old woman who was reported missing by family members in Santa Clarita.
Sarah Alarid was last seen on New Year's Day between 3 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. leaving a party on Poppy Meadow Street in the Shadow Pines area of Canyon Country. Officials say she reportedly left alone in her car after arguing with a former boyfriend.
Sarah Alarid's mother, Laura Alarid, said the last time she talked to her daughter was around 8 p.m. New Year's Eve to discuss her plans for the evening. She said her daughter was good at staying in touch with family and friends by phone and knew what to do if she had car trouble or needed someone to come pick her up.
"She has all her means. She has a AAA card," she said. "She had a charger in the car and she calls dad or mom if she has to. She knows that we're going to be there in a second, especially at that time of the evening. I wouldn't let her stay out there."
It's unlike Sarah Alarid to just disappear, according to her sister, Kayla Alarid.
"This is why it's weird because her friends are looking for her too, so you know, if none of us knows where she is then this isn't like her," she said. "She's very outgoing. She loves being with her friends all the time."
A Los Angeles County Sheriff's detective working on the investigation says they're treating this as a missing persons case, and that foul play isn't suspected at this time.
"She's never done something like this before," said friend Jordon Carricos. "I would never expect her to do something like this. If she was ever in trouble, she would call someone, she hasn't called not one of or friends, nobody's heard from her, we've searched, we can't even find the car."
Sarah Alarid is described as a white and Latina female, standing around 5 feet 4 inches, weighing between 110 and 120 pounds. She has green-gray eyes and reddish brown hair. Her car is described as a 2002 four-door silver Ford Focus with the license plate number 4WXE737.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Sarah Alarid was asked to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Missing Persons Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
missing person, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Charges announced against sheriff's officials 41 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death 3 min ago
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank 31 min ago
- Pomona gang member arrested for murder
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke