Los Angeles News
Missing Pacific Palisades hiker found dead
PACIFIC PALISADES, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A hiker who went missing near Sunset Boulevard and Mandeville Canyon Road in the Pacific Palisades has been found dead.
The man was reported missing after he failed to return from a hike Thursday night. He was said to be in his mid-40s and was from Santa Monica. A helicopter was called in to assist the search team on the ground.
Police say the man died in an apparent suicide.
missing person, los angeles news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis