Los Angeles News
South Bay Galleria stabbing: Suspect sketch released
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police on Friday released the first sketch of the man wanted for stabbing two teenagers at the South Bay Galleria. Police say he is extremely dangerous and unpredictable.
Authorities say the 13-year-old male and female were stabbed on the third level of the mall in front of the AMC Theatres at 7:23 p.m. on Dec. 29. Both victims were rushed to a local hospital and underwent surgery.
Police were able to get surveillance footage from AMC Theatres that shows the suspect walking away from the scene.
Police say the male victim had six stab wounds: one to the chest, one to his left rib cage and four to his arms. The female victim had three stab wounds: one to the chest, one to her left rib cage and one to her upper left clavicle area.
They are in stable condition and are expected to make a fully recovery. Officials say they may be released from the hospital next week.
The suspect was described as a black man in his 40s, tall with medium build and possibly bald. He had a beard and mustache, and possibly wearing prescription glasses. At the time of the attack, the suspect was wearing a knit beanie cap, green/brown fatigue-type jacket, blue jeans and a black T-shirt.
Police say the suspect used a kitchen-type knife that had a black handle.
The motive for the stabbing remains unknown, but police say it appears to be a completely unprovoked attack. Anyone with information is urged to call the Redondo Beach Police Department tip line at (310) 937-6685.
stabbing, los angeles news, amy powell
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle 41 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future