Los Angeles News
Downtown LA night race draws thousands of runners
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Thousands of runners took over the streets of downtown Los Angeles on Saturday for an unusual night race.
The 5K and 1/2 marathon course for the 2013 New Year's Race Los Angeles began at 9 p.m. at 7th Street and Grand Avenue. The finish line was at 11th and Hope streets. The race was capped at 10,000 runners, according to the event website.
"Downtown is beautiful," said one participant. "Running through it at night is spectacular."
The course made its way through the downtown streets, by Dodger Stadium, Chinatown and finally L.A. Live.
"When do you get to be in downtown L.A. in the middle of the night, running the streets with no cars around to hit you?" said runner Jorge Mendoza.
downtown, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter