Los Angeles News
Downtown LA night race draws thousands of runners
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Thousands of runners took over the streets of downtown Los Angeles on Saturday for an unusual night race.
The 5K and 1/2 marathon course for the 2013 New Year's Race Los Angeles began at 9 p.m. at 7th Street and Grand Avenue. The finish line was at 11th and Hope streets. The race was capped at 10,000 runners, according to the event website.
"Downtown is beautiful," said one participant. "Running through it at night is spectacular."
The course made its way through the downtown streets, by Dodger Stadium, Chinatown and finally L.A. Live.
"When do you get to be in downtown L.A. in the middle of the night, running the streets with no cars around to hit you?" said runner Jorge Mendoza.
downtown, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 5 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash 40 min ago
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- 'Functional fitness' takes dysfunctional turn
16 min ago