Los Angeles News
Pursuit turns to search for suspects in Watts
WATTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- What started as a police pursuit turned into a search for suspects in Watts on Saturday night.
Authorities said the chase started in South Gate and ended in Watts, where some of the suspects jumped out of the car and hid in the area.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said at least one suspect was wounded in an officer-involved shooting and another was detained.
A command post was set up at 103rd Street and Central Avenue, as well as a perimeter.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department will be handing the officer-involved shooting for the South Gate Police Department.
No further information was available.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 33 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious 28 min ago
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West 24 min ago
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach 43 min ago
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case 14 min ago
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- 'The Butler' snubbed by Golden Globes
14 min ago