Los Angeles News
Pursuit turns to search for suspects in Watts
WATTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- What started as a police pursuit turned into a search for suspects in Watts on Saturday night.
Authorities said the chase started in South Gate and ended in Watts, where some of the suspects jumped out of the car and hid in the area.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said at least one suspect was wounded in an officer-involved shooting and another was detained.
A command post was set up at 103rd Street and Central Avenue, as well as a perimeter.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department will be handing the officer-involved shooting for the South Gate Police Department.
No further information was available.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 40 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 11 min ago
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks