Los Angeles News
Suspect wounded in South Gate police shooting
WATTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspect was shot and wounded in Watts by at least one South Gate police officer Saturday, officials said.
The shooting happened around 8:47 p.m. at the intersection of Grape and 97th Streets in Watts following a chase that started in South Gate.
According to police, officers were following the suspects' vehicle because they believed the men inside were involved in a carjacking that ended in a stabbing at Montara Avenue in South Gate.
As the suspects tried to flee on foot after crashing in Watts, sheriff investigators say three officers shot at two armed men, hitting one.
One of the suspects was taken to the hospital. The second suspect was detained.
No officers were injured.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department will be handing the officer-involved shooting for the South Gate Police Department.
No further information was available.
officer-involved shooting, arrest, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months