Los Angeles News
Suspect wounded in South Gate police shooting
WATTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspect was shot and wounded in Watts by at least one South Gate police officer Saturday, officials said.
The shooting happened around 8:47 p.m. at the intersection of Grape and 97th Streets in Watts following a chase that started in South Gate.
According to police, officers were following the suspects' vehicle because they believed the men inside were involved in a carjacking that ended in a stabbing at Montara Avenue in South Gate.
As the suspects tried to flee on foot after crashing in Watts, sheriff investigators say three officers shot at two armed men, hitting one.
One of the suspects was taken to the hospital. The second suspect was detained.
No officers were injured.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department will be handing the officer-involved shooting for the South Gate Police Department.
No further information was available.
officer-involved shooting, arrest, los angeles news
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody 44 min ago
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 7 min ago
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- Citibank in Tarzana robbed; suspects get away 27 min ago
- 3 arrested for stealing gas from Fontana station
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial 33 min ago
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- 'Hangover 3' completes trilogy back in Vegas
53 min ago