Los Angeles News
Drunk driver injures 8-year-old boy in South LA crash
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An 8-year-old boy is in critical condition after an alleged drunk driver rammed his family's car in South Los Angeles.
Police were called to an accident near Griffith Avenue and 22nd Street Sunday around 12:31 a.m.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found an 8-year-old boy and his parents trapped inside a white Dodge Durango. According to authorities, a black Cadillac Escalade T-boned the family's vehicle while traveling 70 miles per hour.
One person had to be cut out of the SUV, officials said.
The boy was transported to University of Southern California Medical Center where he is listed in critical condition but expected to survive.
His parents are in fair condition.
The driver of the Escalade was transported to the hospital for moderate injuries and arrested on suspicion of DUI.
accident, car crash, dui, arrest, los angeles news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons