Los Angeles News
Drunk driver injures 8-year-old boy in South LA crash
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An 8-year-old boy is in critical condition after an alleged drunk driver rammed his family's car in South Los Angeles.
Police were called to an accident near Griffith Avenue and 22nd Street Sunday around 12:31 a.m.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found an 8-year-old boy and his parents trapped inside a white Dodge Durango. According to authorities, a black Cadillac Escalade T-boned the family's vehicle while traveling 70 miles per hour.
One person had to be cut out of the SUV, officials said.
The boy was transported to University of Southern California Medical Center where he is listed in critical condition but expected to survive.
His parents are in fair condition.
The driver of the Escalade was transported to the hospital for moderate injuries and arrested on suspicion of DUI.
accident, car crash, dui, arrest, los angeles news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event