Los Angeles News
Search party held for Santa Clarita woman missing since New Year's Day
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- Family and friends of a missing woman have been passing out fliers in Santa Clarita and the San Fernando Valley hoping someone will have answers to her whereabouts.
Sarah Alarid, 19, was last seen on New Year's Day between 3 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. leaving a party on Poppy Meadow Street in the Shadow Pines area of Canyon Country, Santa Clarita. Authorities said she reportedly left alone in her car after arguing with a former boyfriend.
"It's puzzling," said Alarid's uncle, Brian Alarid. "We can't find the vehicle and we still haven't heard from her."
On Sunday, dozens of the woman's loved ones held a search party. They went door to door handing out missing person fliers hoping someone would recognize Alarid.
"We're just trying to get the word out, see if anybody has seen anything, heard anything," said James Robledo, a friend of the missing woman.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is investigating Alarid's disappearance and says it is treating it as a missing person case, but that foul play is not suspected at this time.
Family members and friends said her disappearance is out of character and worry something more sinister may have taken place.
"She's always in touch with everybody, she's always on that phone, whether it's Facebook or texting or emailing or just verbally talking with people, she's always on that phone," Brian Alarid said.
Alarid's mother, Laura Alarid, said the last time she talked to her daughter was around 8 p.m. New Year's Eve to discuss her plans for the night.
Sarah Alarid is described as a white and Latina female, standing around 5 feet 4 inches, weighing between 110 and 120 pounds. She has green-gray eyes and reddish brown hair. She left the party in her 2002 four-door silver Ford Focus with license plate 4WXE737.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Sarah Alarid was asked to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Missing Persons Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
missing person, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news, darsha philips
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 24 min ago
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian 11 min ago
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 23 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival 57 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report