Los Angeles News
Man shot, killed outside bar near Cal State Northridge campus
NORTHRIDGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was shot and killed outside a sports bar near the California State University, Northridge campus early Tuesday morning.
The shooting happened around 2:20 a.m. outside a bar called The College Inn on the 8600 block of Lindley Avenue. The bar was closed at the time.
Jose Callejas, a security guard at the bar, says he and another employee had closed up when he walked outside and saw the victim laying on the ground. He immediately called police. Callejas said he did not see or hear any type of commotion outside the bar. He just walked outside and saw the victim in the parking lot with a single gunshot wound to the neck.
Callejas and acquaintances of the man who was shot say his name is Pablo Lopez, a man in his 40s. One acquaintance said he's a regular at the bar who would come in to play pool. The men described the victim as a nice guy who didn't appear to have any enemies.
Authorities do not have a suspect description. They will be looking at surveillance video from the surrounding businesses for clues.
Anyone with information was asked to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 17 min ago
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought 50 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 49 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis