Los Angeles News
Man shot, killed outside bar near Cal State Northridge campus
NORTHRIDGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was shot and killed outside a sports bar near the California State University, Northridge campus early Tuesday morning.
The shooting happened around 2:20 a.m. outside a bar called The College Inn on the 8600 block of Lindley Avenue. The bar was closed at the time.
Jose Callejas, a security guard at the bar, says he and another employee had closed up when he walked outside and saw the victim laying on the ground. He immediately called police. Callejas said he did not see or hear any type of commotion outside the bar. He just walked outside and saw the victim in the parking lot with a single gunshot wound to the neck.
Callejas and acquaintances of the man who was shot say his name is Pablo Lopez, a man in his 40s. One acquaintance said he's a regular at the bar who would come in to play pool. The men described the victim as a nice guy who didn't appear to have any enemies.
Authorities do not have a suspect description. They will be looking at surveillance video from the surrounding businesses for clues.
Anyone with information was asked to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, los angeles news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale 37 min ago
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Suspect killed in Alhambra PD station ID'ed
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Damaged trains being removed from Conn. site
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge