Los Angeles News
Long Beach burglary suspect shot, wounded by police
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after an officer-involved shooting left a suspected burglar wounded in downtown Long Beach.
The shooting occurred just before 6 p.m. Monday in an alley between 4th and Florida streets.
Authorities said officers opened fire after the suspect pulled out a handgun.
The suspect, whose name and age were not disclosed, was rushed to the hospital where he underwent surgery. No word on his condition has been released.
Police recovered a gun at the scene.
According to Long Beach police Sgt. Aaron Eaton, the suspect was wanted on suspicion of burglary and for an unspecified weapon violation.
Southbound Cherry Avenue was shortly closed from Fourth Street south following the shooting.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, burglary, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)