Los Angeles News
Long Beach burglary suspect shot, wounded by police
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after an officer-involved shooting left a suspected burglar wounded in downtown Long Beach.
The shooting occurred just before 6 p.m. Monday in an alley between 4th and Florida streets.
Authorities said officers opened fire after the suspect pulled out a handgun.
The suspect, whose name and age were not disclosed, was rushed to the hospital where he underwent surgery. No word on his condition has been released.
Police recovered a gun at the scene.
According to Long Beach police Sgt. Aaron Eaton, the suspect was wanted on suspicion of burglary and for an unspecified weapon violation.
Southbound Cherry Avenue was shortly closed from Fourth Street south following the shooting.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, burglary, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 11 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 4 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend 37 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 59 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- New technology monitors pet fitness
22 min ago