Los Angeles News
Man charged in 3 LA cold-case murders; more victims sought
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspected serial killer is now behind bars, but police believe there may be additional victims.
Samuel Little, 72, has been charged in connection with three separate cold case murders in Los Angeles.
The suspect, also known as Samuel McDowell, was taken into custody in Louisville, Kentucky on Sept. 5, 2012 on a Los Angeles narcotics warrant from 2009.
The U.S. Marshal's Office in Louisville assisted LA cold-case and robbery homicide detectives in locating and arresting Little, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
Little waived extradition and was brought back to Los Angeles in October.
As the suspect awaited court disposition on his narcotics charge, detectives continued building their murder investigation.
DNA evidence linked Little to the 1989 murders of Guadalupe Apodaca and Audrey Nelson. The suspect was then connected in November to a third case involving the murder of Carol Alford, who was killed in 1987.
Prosecutors have not made a decision yet on whether they will seek the death penalty.
According to authorities, Los Angeles detectives are currently reviewing other murders in the areas the suspect is known to frequent for a possible connection.
Anyone with information regarding the murders or the suspect was asked to contact Detective Rick Jackson or Detective Mitzi Roberts at (213) 486-6810.
lapd, arrest, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months