Los Angeles News
Man charged in 3 LA cold-case murders; more victims sought
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspected serial killer is now behind bars, but police believe there may be additional victims.
Samuel Little, 72, has been charged in connection with three separate cold case murders in Los Angeles.
The suspect, also known as Samuel McDowell, was taken into custody in Louisville, Kentucky on Sept. 5, 2012 on a Los Angeles narcotics warrant from 2009.
The U.S. Marshal's Office in Louisville assisted LA cold-case and robbery homicide detectives in locating and arresting Little, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
Little waived extradition and was brought back to Los Angeles in October.
As the suspect awaited court disposition on his narcotics charge, detectives continued building their murder investigation.
DNA evidence linked Little to the 1989 murders of Guadalupe Apodaca and Audrey Nelson. The suspect was then connected in November to a third case involving the murder of Carol Alford, who was killed in 1987.
Prosecutors have not made a decision yet on whether they will seek the death penalty.
According to authorities, Los Angeles detectives are currently reviewing other murders in the areas the suspect is known to frequent for a possible connection.
Anyone with information regarding the murders or the suspect was asked to contact Detective Rick Jackson or Detective Mitzi Roberts at (213) 486-6810.
lapd, arrest, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added 8 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Help Garth stuff busses full of toys in Ontario
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate