Los Angeles News
Man charged in 3 LA cold-case murders; more victims sought
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspected serial killer is now behind bars, but police believe there may be additional victims.
Samuel Little, 72, has been charged in connection with three separate cold case murders in Los Angeles.
The suspect, also known as Samuel McDowell, was taken into custody in Louisville, Kentucky on Sept. 5, 2012 on a Los Angeles narcotics warrant from 2009.
The U.S. Marshal's Office in Louisville assisted LA cold-case and robbery homicide detectives in locating and arresting Little, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
Little waived extradition and was brought back to Los Angeles in October.
As the suspect awaited court disposition on his narcotics charge, detectives continued building their murder investigation.
DNA evidence linked Little to the 1989 murders of Guadalupe Apodaca and Audrey Nelson. The suspect was then connected in November to a third case involving the murder of Carol Alford, who was killed in 1987.
Prosecutors have not made a decision yet on whether they will seek the death penalty.
According to authorities, Los Angeles detectives are currently reviewing other murders in the areas the suspect is known to frequent for a possible connection.
Anyone with information regarding the murders or the suspect was asked to contact Detective Rick Jackson or Detective Mitzi Roberts at (213) 486-6810.
lapd, arrest, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach 48 min ago
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide