Los Angeles News
San Fernando Valley child porn case: Woman appears in court
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A San Fernando Valley woman facing child pornography charges appeared before a federal judge on Tuesday.
The arraignment for Letha Mae Montemayor, 52, was originally scheduled Monday, but the judge delayed it after she had a seizure. Montemayor also had a seizure when police arrested her last Thursday.
In court, Montemayor was seen in a wheelchair, her face hidden beneath a coat. She peeked out from under the coat only when responding to questions. U.S. Magistrate Judge Carla Woehrle continued the arraignment for Feb. 13.
She is accused of making and appearing in photos with a man and a girl who appears to be about 13 years old. Montemayor's son says the girl was actually 18 at the time.
Authorities are still looking for the "John Doe" in the child pornography pictures. His face was purposely obscured, apparently by the person who began circulating the photos.
City News Service contributed to this report.
sex crimes, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months