Los Angeles News
San Fernando Valley child porn case: Woman appears in court
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A San Fernando Valley woman facing child pornography charges appeared before a federal judge on Tuesday.
The arraignment for Letha Mae Montemayor, 52, was originally scheduled Monday, but the judge delayed it after she had a seizure. Montemayor also had a seizure when police arrested her last Thursday.
In court, Montemayor was seen in a wheelchair, her face hidden beneath a coat. She peeked out from under the coat only when responding to questions. U.S. Magistrate Judge Carla Woehrle continued the arraignment for Feb. 13.
She is accused of making and appearing in photos with a man and a girl who appears to be about 13 years old. Montemayor's son says the girl was actually 18 at the time.
Authorities are still looking for the "John Doe" in the child pornography pictures. His face was purposely obscured, apparently by the person who began circulating the photos.
City News Service contributed to this report.
sex crimes, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis