Los Angeles News
Man shot, killed on 10 Freeway off-ramp in Pomona; victim idenfitied
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot to death on the 10 Freeway in Pomona early Wednesday morning, authorities said.
The victim, identified as 32-year-old Michael Anthony Meza of Pomona, was found outside of a white 2010 Dodge sedan on the White Avenue off-ramp on the eastbound side of the freeway. California Highway Patrol officers made the discovery just after midnight.
Officials said the backseat window on the driver's side was shot out. Pomona police say Meza was shot multiple times in the upper torso. Investigators say the Dodge is registered to someone else other than Meza.
Authorities believe Meza was shot on the off-ramp and not on the freeway. They don't know whether Meza was alone in the car at the time of the shooting.
The victim's father, who did not want to be identified, arrived at the scene. He told Eyewitness News he doesn't believe his son had any enemies and doesn't know why anyone would want to kill him.
The White Avenue exit was shut down for the investigation. Drivers were advised to take the Gary Avenue exit as an alternate.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department at (909) 620-2095.
shooting, los angeles news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 6 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 9 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
54 min ago