Los Angeles News
Man shot, killed on 10 Freeway off-ramp in Pomona; victim idenfitied
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot to death on the 10 Freeway in Pomona early Wednesday morning, authorities said.
The victim, identified as 32-year-old Michael Anthony Meza of Pomona, was found outside of a white 2010 Dodge sedan on the White Avenue off-ramp on the eastbound side of the freeway. California Highway Patrol officers made the discovery just after midnight.
Officials said the backseat window on the driver's side was shot out. Pomona police say Meza was shot multiple times in the upper torso. Investigators say the Dodge is registered to someone else other than Meza.
Authorities believe Meza was shot on the off-ramp and not on the freeway. They don't know whether Meza was alone in the car at the time of the shooting.
The victim's father, who did not want to be identified, arrived at the scene. He told Eyewitness News he doesn't believe his son had any enemies and doesn't know why anyone would want to kill him.
The White Avenue exit was shut down for the investigation. Drivers were advised to take the Gary Avenue exit as an alternate.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department at (909) 620-2095.
shooting, los angeles news
- Ambulance crash: 3 injured in Signal Hill 41 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- Alleged arsonist sets fire in Hollywood 39 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role