Los Angeles News
Santa Clarita Valley burglary: Victim's cellphone picture leads to arrest
SANTA CLARITA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities have arrested a burglary suspect based on a photo taken by a victim in the Santa Clarita Valley.
A homeowner in Stevenson Ranch heard noises in her house, shouted and saw two men run out. She chased after them and was able to take a photo of one with her cellphone.
Sheriff's deputies released the picture to the public and got a tip identifying the suspect as Karen Kapshanyan.
Kapshanyan was arrested at his home in the San Fernando Valley and booked on suspicion of robbery, authorities said Wednesday. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday. The second suspect remains at large.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station. Anonymous calls can be made to Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
burglary, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student 25 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)