Los Angeles News
Santa Clarita Valley burglary: Victim's cellphone picture leads to arrest
SANTA CLARITA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities have arrested a burglary suspect based on a photo taken by a victim in the Santa Clarita Valley.
A homeowner in Stevenson Ranch heard noises in her house, shouted and saw two men run out. She chased after them and was able to take a photo of one with her cellphone.
Sheriff's deputies released the picture to the public and got a tip identifying the suspect as Karen Kapshanyan.
Kapshanyan was arrested at his home in the San Fernando Valley and booked on suspicion of robbery, authorities said Wednesday. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday. The second suspect remains at large.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station. Anonymous calls can be made to Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
burglary, los angeles news
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved 7 min ago
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director 53 min ago
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7 56 min ago
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- 13-year-old leads wild police chase in Iowa
19 min ago
- Nathan Fillion spending summer on big screen
26 min ago