Los Angeles News
Torrance church leader accused of molesting 4-year-old girl
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- A worship leader in Torrance was arrested on child molestation charges, and authorities believe there could be more victims.
Jose Mendez Vazquez, 67, is accused of sexually molesting a 4-year-old girl outside his home in 2008. He posted bail following his arrest, police said Wednesday. Vazquez has pleaded not guilty to various sex-related crimes stemming from the alleged incident.
Investigators said Vazquez worked as a worship leader at several churches throughout the South Bay that specialize in Spanish masses. They said Vazquez may have been in contact with other juveniles because of his work.
Anyone with additional information about Vazquez was asked to contact the Torrance Police Department at (310) 618-5571.
sex crimes, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital 23 min ago
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'