Los Angeles News
Torrance church leader accused of molesting 4-year-old girl
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- A worship leader in Torrance was arrested on child molestation charges, and authorities believe there could be more victims.
Jose Mendez Vazquez, 67, is accused of sexually molesting a 4-year-old girl outside his home in 2008. He posted bail following his arrest, police said Wednesday. Vazquez has pleaded not guilty to various sex-related crimes stemming from the alleged incident.
Investigators said Vazquez worked as a worship leader at several churches throughout the South Bay that specialize in Spanish masses. They said Vazquez may have been in contact with other juveniles because of his work.
Anyone with additional information about Vazquez was asked to contact the Torrance Police Department at (310) 618-5571.
sex crimes, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter