Los Angeles News
Torrance church leader accused of molesting 4-year-old girl
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- A worship leader in Torrance was arrested on child molestation charges, and authorities believe there could be more victims.
Jose Mendez Vazquez, 67, is accused of sexually molesting a 4-year-old girl outside his home in 2008. He posted bail following his arrest, police said Wednesday. Vazquez has pleaded not guilty to various sex-related crimes stemming from the alleged incident.
Investigators said Vazquez worked as a worship leader at several churches throughout the South Bay that specialize in Spanish masses. They said Vazquez may have been in contact with other juveniles because of his work.
Anyone with additional information about Vazquez was asked to contact the Torrance Police Department at (310) 618-5571.
sex crimes, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 48 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 32 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour