Los Angeles News
Youth soccer coach arrested for inappropriate texts to 11-year-old player
COVINA, Calif. (KABC) -- A youth soccer coach was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of sending inappropriate text messages to an 11-year-old girl. The girl is a player on the coach's soccer team.
West Covina resident Albert Gutierrez, 45, allegedly sent several inappropriate text messages in December. The girl notified her mother, who confronted the Gutierrez about the texts. Gutierrez apologized to the mother and promised to stop. The mother then reported the texts to the Covina Police Department.
Covina police officers located Gutierrez at his residence on the 3200 block of Stella Avenue in West Covina and arrested him without incident. Gutierrez was booked on a charge of contacting a minor with intent to commit certain offenses. Gutierrez was released on bail and is scheduled to be arraigned on February 13.
Police are concerned there may be further victims harassed by Gutierrez. If you have information about the case, contact Covina Police Detective Felipe Munoz at (626) 384-5615 or (626) 384-5808.
arrest, los angeles news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 32 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 19 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 24 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors