Los Angeles News
Rite Aid armed robbery leads to pursuit, arrest in Azusa
AZUSA, Calif. (KABC) -- An armed robbery suspect was arrested after robbing a Rite Aid, leading police on a slow-speed pursuit and attempting to flee on foot.
Officers arrested Brilata Isabelle, 34, near a Rite Aid located at 154 East Gladstone Street in Azusa on Friday, Jan. 11 around 11:30 a.m.
The female suspect allegedly stole three necklaces and a pair of earrings before attempting to leave the store. According to officers, a Rite Aid loss prevention employee attempted to confront Isabelle but contacted authorities after he realized she was carrying pepper.
Responding officers spotted Isabelle as she got in her car and attempted to pull her over. She failed to yield and a slow speed vehicle pursuit ensued. The pursuit ended within two minutes as she attempted to flee on foot but was quickly apprehended.
The suspect's pepper spray was recovered. The stolen jewelry was also located near the scene of the robbery and returned. Isabelle was arrested for armed robbery, evading, and resisting arrest.
She is being held at the Azusa Police Department Jail on $100,000 bail.
arrest, robbery, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 56 min ago
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Cool Kid raises money for children's hospital
25 min ago