Los Angeles News
Rite Aid armed robbery leads to pursuit, arrest in Azusa
AZUSA, Calif. (KABC) -- An armed robbery suspect was arrested after robbing a Rite Aid, leading police on a slow-speed pursuit and attempting to flee on foot.
Officers arrested Brilata Isabelle, 34, near a Rite Aid located at 154 East Gladstone Street in Azusa on Friday, Jan. 11 around 11:30 a.m.
The female suspect allegedly stole three necklaces and a pair of earrings before attempting to leave the store. According to officers, a Rite Aid loss prevention employee attempted to confront Isabelle but contacted authorities after he realized she was carrying pepper.
Responding officers spotted Isabelle as she got in her car and attempted to pull her over. She failed to yield and a slow speed vehicle pursuit ensued. The pursuit ended within two minutes as she attempted to flee on foot but was quickly apprehended.
The suspect's pepper spray was recovered. The stolen jewelry was also located near the scene of the robbery and returned. Isabelle was arrested for armed robbery, evading, and resisting arrest.
She is being held at the Azusa Police Department Jail on $100,000 bail.
arrest, robbery, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 28 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed 51 min ago
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video 45 min ago
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants