Los Angeles News
Henry's Tacos closes its doors after 51 years
STUDIO CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Henry's Tacos, the legendary Studio City eatery, has shut its doors after 51 years in business.
Customers flocked to the taco stand at of Moorpark Street and Tujunga Avenue for one last order before the place closed Saturday night.
The owner, Janis Hood, blames the closure on a rent hike after she tried to have the taco stand designated a historic landmark.
"The support has just been awesome," Hood said. "I'm totally blown away by it. I feel unworthy of the love, but it does help."
Henry's Tacos has been owned by the same family since it opened. A loyal employee who has been there nearly 22 years will try to continue the legacy. He hopes to reopen the stand at a new location.
food, los angeles news
- Video released in attack of transgender woman 42 min ago
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 33 min ago
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director 22 min ago
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7 25 min ago
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- California DMV tackles 'driverless car'...
9 min ago