Los Angeles News
Henry's Tacos closes its doors after 51 years
STUDIO CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Henry's Tacos, the legendary Studio City eatery, has shut its doors after 51 years in business.
Customers flocked to the taco stand at of Moorpark Street and Tujunga Avenue for one last order before the place closed Saturday night.
The owner, Janis Hood, blames the closure on a rent hike after she tried to have the taco stand designated a historic landmark.
"The support has just been awesome," Hood said. "I'm totally blown away by it. I feel unworthy of the love, but it does help."
Henry's Tacos has been owned by the same family since it opened. A loyal employee who has been there nearly 22 years will try to continue the legacy. He hopes to reopen the stand at a new location.
food, los angeles news
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center 22 min ago
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake 8 min ago
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor 6 min ago
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)