Los Angeles News
Henry's Tacos closes its doors after 51 years
STUDIO CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Henry's Tacos, the legendary Studio City eatery, has shut its doors after 51 years in business.
Customers flocked to the taco stand at of Moorpark Street and Tujunga Avenue for one last order before the place closed Saturday night.
The owner, Janis Hood, blames the closure on a rent hike after she tried to have the taco stand designated a historic landmark.
"The support has just been awesome," Hood said. "I'm totally blown away by it. I feel unworthy of the love, but it does help."
Henry's Tacos has been owned by the same family since it opened. A loyal employee who has been there nearly 22 years will try to continue the legacy. He hopes to reopen the stand at a new location.
food, los angeles news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 52 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 28 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant 4 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
50 min ago