Los Angeles News
1 killed, 1 hurt in Hollywood club shooting
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man is dead, a second in stable condition after a shooting at a Hollywood nightclub, police said.
The shooting occurred around 2:05 a.m. Sunday outside Empire on the 1700 block of North Cahuenga Boulevard. According to LAPD, the incident began with a fight and soon escalated into gun violence.
"A fight inside the nightclub spilled outside", LAPD Sgt. Mark Ro said.
The motive for the shooting remains under investigation.
Police say the suspects took off after opening fire. The man who authorities believe opened fire was described as a black male standing around 5 feet 8 inches tall.
The second victim was described as a male between 20 to 25 years old. An unidentified woman who was crossing the street near the club also suffered a graze wound but did not require hospital treatment.
shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Cañada Flintridge 1 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 14 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 37 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks