Los Angeles News
1 killed, 1 hurt in Hollywood club shooting
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man is dead, a second in stable condition after a shooting at a Hollywood nightclub, police said.
The shooting occurred around 2:05 a.m. Sunday outside Empire on the 1700 block of North Cahuenga Boulevard. According to LAPD, the incident began with a fight and soon escalated into gun violence.
"A fight inside the nightclub spilled outside", LAPD Sgt. Mark Ro said.
The motive for the shooting remains under investigation.
Police say the suspects took off after opening fire. The man who authorities believe opened fire was described as a black male standing around 5 feet 8 inches tall.
The second victim was described as a male between 20 to 25 years old. An unidentified woman who was crossing the street near the club also suffered a graze wound but did not require hospital treatment.
shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 17 min ago
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- New ACL surgery technique reduces failure rate
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10
- Tankless water heaters becoming affordable
19 min ago