Los Angeles News
Driver sought in fatal Paramount hit-and-run
PARAMOUNT, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for a hit-and-run driver who fatally struck a 54-year old man in Paramount Saturday.
Reuel De Villa, of Cerritos, was changing a tire on his Volkswagen Jetta along the westbound 105 Freeway near Garfield Avenue around 4 a.m. when he was struck by a 2007 Toyota Tunda.
The force of the impact reportedly tossed De Villa into the air.
According to authorities, the male suspect stopped his pickup truck but ran away on foot in an unknown direction.
De Villa was pronounced dead at the scene.
The freeway ramps were closed for three hours for the death investigation, according to the CHP.
Anyone with information regarding the hit-and-run was asked to contact the California Highway Patrol at (323) 980-4600.
CNS contributed to this report.
hit and run, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills 51 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital 46 min ago
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 23 min ago
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son