Los Angeles News
Inglewood pursuit: Teen driver almost hits police car
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old driver was arrested early Monday morning after trying to hit a police cruiser during a wild pursuit.
The pursuit started around 11:06 p.m. Sunday near Los Angeles International Airport. The teenager led police on surface streets through Inglewood, flashing gang signs at officers.
He drove through stop signs and traffic lights, nearly missing a few pedestrians and a police car. Police said the suspect was driving a stolen Toyota Camry.
The pursuit lasted about two hours long. It ended at Arbor Vitae and Oak Streets when police placed spike strips on the road. The suspect was then taken into custody without incident.
pursuit, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter