Los Angeles News
Hawaiian Gardens casino lot murder victim's husband arrested
HAWAIIAN GARDENS, Calif. (KABC) -- An arrest has been made in connection to the body of a missing woman found in her car outside a Hawaiian Gardens casino.
The 51-year-old victim's husband, identified as 60-year-old Thomas Rodriguez Infante, was arrested Monday in West Covina around 12:55 a.m. He is being held in connection to the murder of his wife, identified as Charita Vega Tolentino.
Sheriff's detectives reportedly served a search warrant at Infante's residence which he shared with the victim and an arrest shortly followed. Investigators said they discovered evidence that implicated Infante to his wife's murder.
The victim's family discovered Tolentino's body in the trunk of her car around 9 a.m. Sunday as they were desperately trying to track her down.
Tolentino's locked red Toyota RAV4 was found in the parking lot of the Hawaiian Gardens Casino located in the 11800 block of Carson Street.
According to investigators, it appears Infante killed Tolentino at their home, loaded her body into her car, and drove to the casino after the murder.
Tolentino lived with Infante and their 17-year-old daughter in West Covina. She worked as a nurse and was last seen leaving work in Los Angeles Friday morning, but she never made it home.
Infante is being held on $1 million bail. No further information regarding the arrest was released.
If you have any information regarding this case, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Division at (323) 890-5500.
body found, murder, los angeles county sheriff's department, arrest, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Woman tries to reason with London attackers 11 min ago
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Emails show AEG exec called Jackson a 'freak' 57 min ago
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised