Los Angeles News
Hawaiian Gardens casino lot murder victim's husband arrested
HAWAIIAN GARDENS, Calif. (KABC) -- An arrest has been made in connection to the body of a missing woman found in her car outside a Hawaiian Gardens casino.
The 51-year-old victim's husband, identified as 60-year-old Thomas Rodriguez Infante, was arrested Monday in West Covina around 12:55 a.m. He is being held in connection to the murder of his wife, identified as Charita Vega Tolentino.
Sheriff's detectives reportedly served a search warrant at Infante's residence which he shared with the victim and an arrest shortly followed. Investigators said they discovered evidence that implicated Infante to his wife's murder.
The victim's family discovered Tolentino's body in the trunk of her car around 9 a.m. Sunday as they were desperately trying to track her down.
Tolentino's locked red Toyota RAV4 was found in the parking lot of the Hawaiian Gardens Casino located in the 11800 block of Carson Street.
According to investigators, it appears Infante killed Tolentino at their home, loaded her body into her car, and drove to the casino after the murder.
Tolentino lived with Infante and their 17-year-old daughter in West Covina. She worked as a nurse and was last seen leaving work in Los Angeles Friday morning, but she never made it home.
Infante is being held on $1 million bail. No further information regarding the arrest was released.
If you have any information regarding this case, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Division at (323) 890-5500.
body found, murder, los angeles county sheriff's department, arrest, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Boston Marathon runners show resilience 9 min ago
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill
- Viewing to be held for LA police officer 21 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
53 min ago