Los Angeles News
Big rig crash shuts 5 Freeway in Elysian Park
ELYSIAN PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A fiery big rig crash closed all lanes in both directions of the 5 Freeway in Elysian Park for several hours Tuesday morning.
The truck driver said he was going southbound when his brakes just locked up and he crashed into the center divider. The big rig then burst into flames.
The driver managed to get out and is expected to be OK. He said the truck was empty because he just made a delivery.
Another driver traveling northbound hit some debris from the truck crash, but there was only minor damage to the car.
All lanes reopened by 7:45 a.m. Prior to that, traffic was diverted off at Fletcher Drive on the southbound side and at Stadium Way on the northbound side.
accident, los angeles news, christina salvo
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 29 min ago
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- 'Returnaholics' punished by some retailers
17 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
10 min ago