Los Angeles News
Public hearing on proposed LA storm water fee
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing Tuesday to hear comments on the proposed Clean Water, Clean Beaches Measure.
The measure is designed to establish an annual property-based fee to be paid by all property owners within the Los Angeles County Flood Control District.
Revenues will be used to find ways to reduce trash and pollution in local waterways. Officials say the typical fee for a single family home would be about $54.
The hearing is taking place at 11 a.m. in downtown Los Angeles. It will be in room 381B of the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration located at 500 West Temple Street.
los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 52 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role