Los Angeles News
Public hearing on proposed LA storm water fee
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing Tuesday to hear comments on the proposed Clean Water, Clean Beaches Measure.
The measure is designed to establish an annual property-based fee to be paid by all property owners within the Los Angeles County Flood Control District.
Revenues will be used to find ways to reduce trash and pollution in local waterways. Officials say the typical fee for a single family home would be about $54.
The hearing is taking place at 11 a.m. in downtown Los Angeles. It will be in room 381B of the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration located at 500 West Temple Street.
los angeles news
- Man allegedly shoots, kills sister, wife 56 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend 38 min ago
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients 4 min ago
- House GOP signal support for budget deal 6 min ago
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 21 min ago
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions