Los Angeles News
Public hearing on proposed LA storm water fee
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing Tuesday to hear comments on the proposed Clean Water, Clean Beaches Measure.
The measure is designed to establish an annual property-based fee to be paid by all property owners within the Los Angeles County Flood Control District.
Revenues will be used to find ways to reduce trash and pollution in local waterways. Officials say the typical fee for a single family home would be about $54.
The hearing is taking place at 11 a.m. in downtown Los Angeles. It will be in room 381B of the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration located at 500 West Temple Street.
los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants