Los Angeles News
5 charged in Nordstrom Rack armed-robbery standoff
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Five suspects were charged Tuesday in an armed-robbery standoff case that occurred late Thursday night at a Nordstrom Rack store in Westchester. Four pleaded not guilty Tuesday afternoon. A fifth suspect was in Phoenix awaiting extradition to Los Angeles.
Three men held 14 employees hostage at the Nordstrom Rack in the Promenade Howard Hughes Center last Thursday, prompting an LAPD SWAT response. The three suspects escaped some time in the early-morning hours Friday.
Five arrests were announced Monday, including two conspirators after the fact.
During the robbery, one woman was stabbed in the neck and sustained a non-life-threatening injury. Another woman was sexually assaulted.
Troy Marsay Hammock; Everett Oneal Allen; Rochelle Monique Sherman; and Paula Roneshia Bradley are charged and were arraigned Tuesday afternoon. They pleaded not guilty.
Prosecutors also charged Raymond Sherman Jr. in the same complaint with two counts of forcible rape, one count of oral copulation, one count of kidnapping for rape, one count of assault with a deadly weapon and 14 counts of second-degree robbery. The complaint also alleges that Sherman personally used a handgun. Sherman was arrested in Phoenix and is awaiting extradition to Los Angeles.
Hammock and Allen are charged with 14 counts each of second-degree robbery and one count each of assault with a deadly weapon, a knife. Hammock's bail was set at $780,000. Allen's bail was set at $730,000.
The two female defendants are charged with one count each of accessory after the fact. Rochelle Sherman and Paula Bradley each were held on $25,000 bond.
A source told Eyewitness News that one of the five suspects is a former employee of the Nordstrom Rack Westchester location, but it was not clear which suspect.
Raymond Sherman possesses a security guard license and a firearm permit.
standoff, arrest, robbery, los angeles news
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 30 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim 34 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 20 min ago
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned 45 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products 52 min ago
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)