Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach burglary search forces school lockdowns
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Two schools in Manhattan Beach were put on lockdown on Tuesday as police searched for some burglary suspects.
The two schools were Meadows Elementary School on the 1200 block of Meadows Avenue and Manhattan Beach Preschool on the 1400 block of 15th Street.
Authorities say the incident began at about 12:20 p.m. A resident came home and saw the burglary suspects, who fled from the scene.
Police say the lockdown was precautionary due to the possibility of a burglary suspect in the area.
One suspect was arrested, but at least one accomplice got away, police said.
arrest, burglary, school, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter