Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach burglary search forces school lockdowns
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Two schools in Manhattan Beach were put on lockdown on Tuesday as police searched for some burglary suspects.
The two schools were Meadows Elementary School on the 1200 block of Meadows Avenue and Manhattan Beach Preschool on the 1400 block of 15th Street.
Authorities say the incident began at about 12:20 p.m. A resident came home and saw the burglary suspects, who fled from the scene.
Police say the lockdown was precautionary due to the possibility of a burglary suspect in the area.
One suspect was arrested, but at least one accomplice got away, police said.
arrest, burglary, school, los angeles news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 8 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 38 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the 70s 27 min ago
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Gay couple plans wedding on Rose Parade float
18 min ago