Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach burglary search forces school lockdowns
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Two schools in Manhattan Beach were put on lockdown on Tuesday as police searched for some burglary suspects.
The two schools were Meadows Elementary School on the 1200 block of Meadows Avenue and Manhattan Beach Preschool on the 1400 block of 15th Street.
Authorities say the incident began at about 12:20 p.m. A resident came home and saw the burglary suspects, who fled from the scene.
Police say the lockdown was precautionary due to the possibility of a burglary suspect in the area.
One suspect was arrested, but at least one accomplice got away, police said.
arrest, burglary, school, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour