Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach burglary search forces school lockdowns
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Two schools in Manhattan Beach were put on lockdown on Tuesday as police searched for some burglary suspects.
The two schools were Meadows Elementary School on the 1200 block of Meadows Avenue and Manhattan Beach Preschool on the 1400 block of 15th Street.
Authorities say the incident began at about 12:20 p.m. A resident came home and saw the burglary suspects, who fled from the scene.
Police say the lockdown was precautionary due to the possibility of a burglary suspect in the area.
One suspect was arrested, but at least one accomplice got away, police said.
arrest, burglary, school, los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- London attack: Suspect's friend questioned
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy 42 min ago
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Will Smith reunites with 'Fresh Prince' stars 29 min ago