Los Angeles News
LA ballot may include 3 medical marijuana plans
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Voters in Los Angeles may have three different medical marijuana dispensary measures to consider in the next election.
Two initiatives for the May ballot have already been qualified. On Wednesday, the Los Angeles City Council will decide if a third should join them.
Language for the third plan is still being worked out.
The proposals would regulate, and in some cases, limit the number of dispensaries in L.A. There are currently hundreds of clinics in the city.
The council approved a total ban on clinics last year, but that ban was rescinded after supporters qualified a ballot measure to overturn it.
The clinics still face federal and state prohibitions against marijuana sales.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
medical marijuana, marijuana clinic, marijuana, los angeles news
- OC school bus crash: Several injuries reported 26 min ago
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line 4 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover 8 min ago
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
38 min ago