Los Angeles News
LA ballot may include 3 medical marijuana plans
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Voters in Los Angeles may have three different medical marijuana dispensary measures to consider in the next election.
Two initiatives for the May ballot have already been qualified. On Wednesday, the Los Angeles City Council will decide if a third should join them.
Language for the third plan is still being worked out.
The proposals would regulate, and in some cases, limit the number of dispensaries in L.A. There are currently hundreds of clinics in the city.
The council approved a total ban on clinics last year, but that ban was rescinded after supporters qualified a ballot measure to overturn it.
The clinics still face federal and state prohibitions against marijuana sales.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
medical marijuana, marijuana clinic, marijuana, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 14 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 7 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts 18 min ago