Los Angeles News
LA ballot may include 3 medical marijuana plans
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Voters in Los Angeles may have three different medical marijuana dispensary measures to consider in the next election.
Two initiatives for the May ballot have already been qualified. On Wednesday, the Los Angeles City Council will decide if a third should join them.
Language for the third plan is still being worked out.
The proposals would regulate, and in some cases, limit the number of dispensaries in L.A. There are currently hundreds of clinics in the city.
The council approved a total ban on clinics last year, but that ban was rescinded after supporters qualified a ballot measure to overturn it.
The clinics still face federal and state prohibitions against marijuana sales.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
medical marijuana, marijuana clinic, marijuana, los angeles news
- Covina shooting: Adult, 4-year-old girl hurt 53 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl 23 min ago
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)