Los Angeles News
LA ballot may include 3 medical marijuana plans
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Voters in Los Angeles may have three different medical marijuana dispensary measures to consider in the next election.
Two initiatives for the May ballot have already been qualified. On Wednesday, the Los Angeles City Council will decide if a third should join them.
Language for the third plan is still being worked out.
The proposals would regulate, and in some cases, limit the number of dispensaries in L.A. There are currently hundreds of clinics in the city.
The council approved a total ban on clinics last year, but that ban was rescinded after supporters qualified a ballot measure to overturn it.
The clinics still face federal and state prohibitions against marijuana sales.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
medical marijuana, marijuana clinic, marijuana, los angeles news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison