Los Angeles News
LA ballot may include 3 medical marijuana plans
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Voters in Los Angeles may have three different medical marijuana dispensary measures to consider in the next election.
Two initiatives for the May ballot have already been qualified. On Wednesday, the Los Angeles City Council will decide if a third should join them.
Language for the third plan is still being worked out.
The proposals would regulate, and in some cases, limit the number of dispensaries in L.A. There are currently hundreds of clinics in the city.
The council approved a total ban on clinics last year, but that ban was rescinded after supporters qualified a ballot measure to overturn it.
The clinics still face federal and state prohibitions against marijuana sales.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
medical marijuana, marijuana clinic, marijuana, los angeles news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors