Los Angeles News
Man charged after wife's body found in trunk in Hawaiian Gardens
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Prosecutors have charged a man with murder after his wife's body was found in her car outside a Hawaiian Gardens casino.
Tomas Rodriguez Infante, 60, was charged on Wednesday and made his first court appearance, but his arraignment hearing was moved to Feb. 13.
The body of Charito Tolentino, 51, was found in the back of her vehicle in the parking lot of the Hawaiian Gardens Casino Sunday morning. She died from blunt force trauma and stabbing type injuries, investigators said.
After a search warrant was served at the couple's home, Infante was arrested Monday in West Covina. Detectives believe Infante killed Tolentino at their home, loaded her body into her car and drove to the casino after the murder.
Infante is being held on $1 million bail. If convicted, Infante faces a maximum sentence of life in prison with the possibility of parole.
body found, murder, los angeles county sheriff's department, arrest, los angeles news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC 17 min ago
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside 56 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 6 min ago
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler