Los Angeles News
Man charged after wife's body found in trunk in Hawaiian Gardens
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Prosecutors have charged a man with murder after his wife's body was found in her car outside a Hawaiian Gardens casino.
Tomas Rodriguez Infante, 60, was charged on Wednesday and made his first court appearance, but his arraignment hearing was moved to Feb. 13.
The body of Charito Tolentino, 51, was found in the back of her vehicle in the parking lot of the Hawaiian Gardens Casino Sunday morning. She died from blunt force trauma and stabbing type injuries, investigators said.
After a search warrant was served at the couple's home, Infante was arrested Monday in West Covina. Detectives believe Infante killed Tolentino at their home, loaded her body into her car and drove to the casino after the murder.
Infante is being held on $1 million bail. If convicted, Infante faces a maximum sentence of life in prison with the possibility of parole.
body found, murder, los angeles county sheriff's department, arrest, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator 4 min ago
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter