Los Angeles News
Ex-Miramonte teacher Martin Springer doesn't have to wear electronic monitoring device
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A former Miramonte Elementary School teacher charged with lewd acts upon a child will no longer have to wear an electronic monitoring device.
Martin Springer will still have to stay far away from all parks and schools under the conditions of his release. The judge granted the defense's request despite the prosecution's objection.
Springer pleaded not guilty to committing three lewd acts on one of his young female students back in 2009. He is due in court again in March.
lausd, legal, child abuse, los angeles news
- Moorpark High on lockdown after threat made 9 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 12 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped 52 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis 56 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
12 min ago