Los Angeles News
Ex-Miramonte teacher Martin Springer doesn't have to wear electronic monitoring device
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A former Miramonte Elementary School teacher charged with lewd acts upon a child will no longer have to wear an electronic monitoring device.
Martin Springer will still have to stay far away from all parks and schools under the conditions of his release. The judge granted the defense's request despite the prosecution's objection.
Springer pleaded not guilty to committing three lewd acts on one of his young female students back in 2009. He is due in court again in March.
lausd, legal, child abuse, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 7 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal 54 min ago
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour