Los Angeles News
Ex-Miramonte teacher Martin Springer doesn't have to wear electronic monitoring device
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A former Miramonte Elementary School teacher charged with lewd acts upon a child will no longer have to wear an electronic monitoring device.
Martin Springer will still have to stay far away from all parks and schools under the conditions of his release. The judge granted the defense's request despite the prosecution's objection.
Springer pleaded not guilty to committing three lewd acts on one of his young female students back in 2009. He is due in court again in March.
lausd, legal, child abuse, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 52 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 58 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks