Los Angeles News
Fatal crash involving 2 big rigs, car shuts 60 Freeway in Montebello
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- A fatal crash shut down the westbound 60 Freeway in Montebello for several hours Thursday morning.
The crash happened just before 3 a.m. near the Garfield Avenue exit. Authorities said a driver was killed when he crashed his car into the back of a big rig and then was hit from behind by another big rig.
The car ended up sandwiched between the two trucks, officials said. The victim, only identified as a man in his 30s, was declared dead at the scene.
All westbound lanes were closed and traffic was diverted onto Pomona Boulevard following the crash. The lanes reopened around 6:15 a.m.
accident, los angeles news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons