Los Angeles News
Bell corruption trial: Jury selection continues
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- Jury selection continues in the corruption trial of six former city leaders in Bell. The 150 potential jurors filled out a lengthy questionnaire this week.
Former Mayor Oscar Hernandez, former Vice-Mayor Teresa Jacobo and former City Council members George Mirabal, George Cole, Victor Bello and Luis Artiga are accused of misappropriating public funds.
Prosecutors claim they looted the city's treasury in order to pay themselves exorbitant salaries. Former city employees who discovered the dealings are scheduled to testify in the case.
Former city manager Robert Rizzo and assistant city manager Angela Spaccia will face a separate trial.
court case, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)