Los Angeles News
Grease fire rips through Polly's in Whittier
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A fire ripped through Polly's Pies Restaurant in Whittier causing a lot of damage but luckily, no one was hurt.
Crews were called to the eatery on the 14100 block of Whittier Boulevard shortly before midnight. Firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames pouring from the roof.
Officials say the blaze likely started out as a grease fire in the kitchen and then spread to the attic.
Crews had to cut a hole in the roof to put the fire out, which took about 30 minutes.
fire, los angeles news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating 38 min ago
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe'
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale