Los Angeles News
Grease fire rips through Polly's in Whittier
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A fire ripped through Polly's Pies Restaurant in Whittier causing a lot of damage but luckily, no one was hurt.
Crews were called to the eatery on the 14100 block of Whittier Boulevard shortly before midnight. Firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames pouring from the roof.
Officials say the blaze likely started out as a grease fire in the kitchen and then spread to the attic.
Crews had to cut a hole in the roof to put the fire out, which took about 30 minutes.
fire, los angeles news
- 4.4-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 23 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified 35 min ago
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALS take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 1 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians