Los Angeles News
Man's body found in trunk of parked car in LA's Harbor Gateway area
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A body was found in the trunk of a parked car in the Harbor Gateway area of Los Angeles on Friday. Now, a family is left wondering if it's the body of their missing loved one.
Authorities responded to the gray Nissan Altima in the 500 block of West 146th Street at 9:15 a.m. Gilbert Rodriguez says he and another neighbor finally went to take a look at the car to report it after seeing it parked on their street for five days. But when they went over to inspect it, they saw the trunk open and made the disturbing discovery.
A distraught family rushed to the neighborhood, saying they recognized the silver Nissan as that of their missing family member. Authorities have not yet identified the body or determined the cause of death.
The car's license plate is registered to Hertz Rent-a-Car.
"It scares me. You just got to watch your shoulder and see what's going on. That's about all you can do, and keep watching the neighborhood," said resident Judy Blanco.
Neighbors say the block has been a dumping ground for stolen cars, but Friday's discovery was a shock.
body found, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 7 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Russia would welcome Crimea, says top lawmaker
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine' 14 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)